Good morning all! Hope you’re doing well.
The other day I was having an absolute mare of a day – I was feeling stressed and everything was just feeling on top of me.
I was reminded of the scripture in Psalm 61:
“Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”
Psalms 61:1-2 NKJV
David here doesn’t deny that sometimes his heart is overwhelmed, or heavy burdened! But he says when that does happen, he cries out to God, who leads to the rock that is higher than him!
When you think of a rock, it’s something that is strong, that is unshaken. It’s sturdy, you can lean on it. And that’s what God is ! He is our rock and our firm foundation. We can lean on Him.
And David asks God to lead him to a rock higher than him. When we’re feeling overwhelmed it can become hard to see. And difficult to go to higher places because we can be feeling low. But God will lead you! It’s the same as in psalms 23:2 (He leads me beside still waters). God is our shepherd, He leads us.
Come to Him!
“For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy.”
Psalms 61:3 NKJV
A strong tower is one of the strongest structures which people ran to for safety. When you’re feeling overwhelmed it can be hard to find know which way to go, but we have a shelter! We have a strong tower. No matter what comes our way!
So, practical tips also :
1. Pray about it. In everything , pray!
2. Break it down into chunks. What can you control and what is out of your control? What can you sort out how and what can’t you sort until later ?
3. Is there anyone that can help you? Reaching out can be difficult , yes. But, having help is important.
4. Don’t overwork, moments of rest are key. Balance it out. You’re not a machine built to do so many things at once, you may burn yourself out. Sometimes you need to take a break and that’s okay!
5. Trust God. When you pray have the trust that God will see you through and have faith, that God is able and is willing to do what He says He will do!
May God bless you! 💕
Comment below how you deal when you feel overwhelmed!
~ peace, joy & love x