Hey guys! Welcome back. I apologise that this ended up not publishing as a post when it was intended and ended up staying in my drafts. So, enjoy as you read my original birthday post.
22nd February, 10: something pm.
As I write this I am currently sat on the lobby floor of my friends apartment, because I’m forbidden to enter whilst they “sort something Out”, (I would like to hazard a guess of a surprise in there?)
I am two hours away from my 21st birthday, and I would like to call this 21 years of Gods Grace. Why I say this? I honestly see the hand of God leading me , guiding constantly , and when I look back, it’s honestly just God.
I thought I would write down lessons I’ve learnt, in the 21 years of my life so far, that I’ve learnt. Hopefully I can look back and remind myself everytime that I’m still learning , and to continue to learn.
1. You don’t always have the answers , and that’s okay.
2. You will learn, and relearn about yourself, and you will continue to learn and figure out who you are.
3. You don’t always have it all figured out, and that’s okay!
For me, I honestly thought by a certain age I’d have life figured out, I’d know exactly what I want and have my list sorted. But life had a funny way of making me realise I don’t always know everything, even I surprise myself , and that you learn as you go along.
4. People are not rocks, there is always room to change, to adapt and to learn.
5. You are stronger than you think or even realise
6. But it’s okay not to be strong all the time !
7. Forgive, yourself, others, people change and people grow, allow them to. And importantly , allow yourself to change and grow.
8. Love yourself, and more than anything , Be patient with yourself
9. Life, you will make mistakes! A lot of them. Don’t beat yourself up constantly.
10. Keep swimming , keep moving. Life doesn’t always go to our plan, but it’s always according to God’s plan. Keep moving.
11. Try something new, get out of your comfort zone
12. Greater is around the corner. It may not always feel like it, but there’s something greater in store. Trust in God.
13. Spend more time with the people that matter to you
14. Learn from every single person you meet
15. Treat every person, as they are meant to be treated – as a creation of God. See others how God sees them. As someone unique, created for a purpose, and try see the best in people.
16. Give your best, in all that you do
17. Do good, just because. Be kind, just because.
18. Everyday is a fresh start and a new opportunity to try again.
19. The fact that you’re alive, means God is not done with you yet.
20. Aim high, it doesn’t cost a penny to hope, dream big, and if that seems too achievable, dream bigger
21. Life under this sun, is short. We don’t have tomorrow promised, so please. Be happy, love like you breathe. Have an attitude of thanksgiving. There is always, always something to be thankful about.
I am so excited for this next chapter of my life. You know when you can just feel that this year is going to have greatness. Either way, I have faith that things are going to be great, by God’s grace.
Thank you for reading my reflection, and please comment below, what you’ve learnt through your life, over the years.
I hope you have a fantastic week! God bless you x
Peace, joy & love
P.S. tanti auguri means happy birthday in Italian! x